Comfort Food: Brandy Alexander Pie For A Cozy Evening
This Brandy Alexander pie makes a great dessert at the cabin. It is good for any time of the year. Although the pie is chilled, the warmth of the brandy taste makes it a good choice even when the temperature outside is chilly. Imagine sitting by a fire on a cold night. Instead of sipping an evening cocktail, you can bite into a delicious mouthful of yummy goodness. The pie is very rich and satisfying, a perfect comfort food.
Brandy Alexander Pie Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- four tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup brandy, separated
- one package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling for four servings
- one package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling for four servings
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 – 1 ounce squares of semi sweet chocolate
1. Place graham crackers in a sealed plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
2. Mix graham crackers, margarine and 3 tablespoons of the brandy together. Press with fingers into a nine inch pie plate, covering the bottom and up the sides.
3. In a large bowl, mix both packages of pudding and the milk. Mix with a wire whisk until soft set. Stir in the rest of the brandy and the vanilla. Mix well.
5. With a vegetable peeler, shave semi sweet chocolate squares to use as a garnish for the middle.
6. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Pie should be served chilled to be enjoyed at its best.
For a double whammy, I am including the drink recipe. Why not enjoy the two together?
Brandy Alexander Drink Recipe:
- 30 ml (one measure) brandy
- 30 ml (one measure) brown creme de cacao
- 60 ml (two measures) cream
- grated nutmeg
Place ice, brandy, creme de cacao and cream in shaker, shake well. Strain into champagne glass; sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.