Do you want to be green and make use of what you have in the making of some of your craft projects? Most of the time the answer is yes but it can be difficult to think of what exactly you may want to use. I have done a lot of recycled craft projects and can give you some ideas to help you get started.
All of these items should be things that you have right in your house – probably set for the trash. However, if you start collecting some of these treasures, you can really begin making some cool projects. Click on the links for some fun tutorials.
Here is the list:
3. Tin Cans – A tin can takes on a new life when it is repurposed into a candle holder, luminary or pencil holder. Here are some examples of various storage containers that I have made from tin cans:
4. Toilet Paper Rolls – You would be surprised at all of the decorative things you can make from paper rolls. From decorative storage containers to beautiful wall art, there are amazing things that you can do with a simple toilet paper roll. I even made these fun napkin rings:
6. Cereal Boxes – Notepads, bookmarks, gift boxes, and placemats are just a few ideas that you can make out of cereal boxes. An idea that I think is the most fun to make is a magazine or paper holder. I had fun making this one with some recycled newspaper as well:
7. Sweaters – This may not have come to mind when thinking about recycled materials. However, when a sweater is too worn out for wearing or for charity, you can still use it in many ways with all of the craft ideas for decorative uses. I used one in the Fall to cover a pumpkin:
8. Gift Cards/Credit Cards – Instead of throwing out those used up gift cards or slashing credit cards that you no longer want to use, try using them to decorate a picture frame in a mosaic style or create some fun jewelry. Here is a bird feeder that I decorated the top of with cards:
9. DVD Cases – Photo frames are the most popular use for old dvd cases. However, I also made a fun fly box that is perfect for a fly fisherman: