With two daughters getting married next year, I have been looking for creative ways to keep those wedding costs down! Luckily there are lots of wedding crafts that are really simply to complete, look elegant and tasteful and are easy on the budget.
One craft that I have been continuing to make more of are the table number holders out of vintage thread spools. They are fun to make but I must say I like making them from spools that are already empty rather than having to unwind all of that thread!
While searching for some other craft ideas, I narrowed it down to those with a rustic, shabby chic or vintage style to share with you here. All of the tutorials are easy to follow.
Rustic Wedding Crafts
Burlap Wedding Programs
TUTORIAL: Intimate Weddings
1. DIY Wedding Programs – Here is a unique way to create wedding programs using one of my favorite materials – Burlap! Combining it with vintage patterned paper gives a nice romantic feel. I also love the wire basket to hold all of the programs in!
DIY Vintage Brooch Bouquet
TUTORIAL: DIY Brooch Bouquet
2. Brooch Bouquet – This is one of my favorites but also a bit time consuming. I made these for both my daughter, the bride, and all of her bridesmaids. A collection of vintage brooches makes a beautiful bouquet. I love the fact that you can make these bouquets long ahead of time and they will still be fresh and beautiful on the day of the wedding!
DIY Rope Words
TUTORIAL: Green Wedding Shoes
3. Rope Words – A great way to label chairs or make signs is with rope words. I love the simple rustic look – it really is easier to do than it may look!
Chalkboard Wedding Signs
SOURCE: Vintage Window Chalkboard
4. Chalkboard Signs – It’s always a good idea to have some directional signs at a wedding and these chic chalkboard signs certainly fit the bill.
Colored Mason Jar Vases
SOURCE: 100 Layer Cake
5. Colored Mason Jars – Mason jars are fun to use for centerpieces buy painting the insides is a unique twist. A coat of paint to the inside adds some glossy color to coordinate with the wedding colors.