If you like to buy shoes, you will want to start saving the boxes they come in. Shoe boxes make great storage boxes! They are a perfect size for organizing a variety of small items. However, they’re not too pretty. These ideas for DIY storage using shoe boxes fix that problem.
Luckily, there are so many ways to upcycle these boxes into great looking storage containers that you would be proud to display on a shelf or your craft room.
10 Creative Ideas For DIY Storage Using Shoe Boxes
1. Coordinate A Stack Of Shoes Boxes With Decorative Paper And Paint
The shoe boxes suddenly take on style when they coordinate and are grouped together in a nice clean stack.
2. Turn A Shoe Box Into Functional Ribbon Storage
This has to be one of my favorite ideas for creative use of a shoe box! I love the riveted holes for the ribbon to come through as the spools sit in the box.
3. Decorate A Shoe Box With A Label Bracket
When I see a box with a file bracket like this, it reminds me of storage for photos or other documents that you would want to label.
4. Cover Shoe Boxes With Inexpensive Contact Paper For Decorative Storage
Since you can get a roll of contact paper from a dollar store, you can easily cover several boxes at a time for coordinated storage.
5. Turn A Shoe Box Into A Storage Basket With Fabric
This DIY storage basket turns a shoe box into a creative gift item.
6. Fill A Bookcase With A Fun Assortment Of Colored Shoe Boxes
This bookcase looks so bright and cheery and neatly organized! Make coordinating colors, for the shoe box storage, using paint or paper.
7. Shoe Boxes For Storing Shoes……Interesting Idea!
This creative storage idea is about making the tags to identify the shoes stored inside. The uniform color and added leather handles will dress up any closet. To make these, paint or cover the boxes with paper. Add leather handles and then create your tags for hanging.
8. Vintage Style Storage Containers
I found these vintage style boxes on Etsy. However, they make great inspiration for creating your own vintage style containers! This is a perfect reason to start searching for vintage hardware. Check out antique malls or architectural salvage stores.
9. Recycle Shoeboxes And Newspaper At The Same Time
The newspaper covered boxes are a fun look that will fit in almost anywhere.
10. Cover Those Boxes With Maps
Do you have a creative way that you have reused shoe boxes? Share your ideas for DIY storage using shoe boxes below!