There are so many words to describe Christmas and so many ways to use these words in craft projects. However, sometimes when trying to come up with Christmas words or phrases to use, the old mind kind of goes blank. That is why I have come up with a list of popular Christmas words to put on yours signs, ornaments, or gift projects. Hopefully this guide will get your mind thinking creatively!
Popular Christmas Words
I’ve broken down lists of words or phrases that would be particularly helpful for a certain craft project. However, you may find the perfect word or phrase, for your project, in a different category than what I put the words in. The nice thing is that with all Christmas words and phrases listed, you should be able to find just what you want to use.
Christmas Words For Coasters
The other day, I was trying to think of some festive words to put on some gift coasters that I was making. I simply wanted to add a word or phrase to coasters that I was decorating for Christmas. Then, I figured that if you are using a coaster, you are having some sort of drink. So, for my coaster project, I wanted to use winter or Christmas words that related to drinking.
To get these Christmas words onto coasters, I used rub off letters. It’s a super easy way to add words. Other ideas for transferring words onto coasters are with paint, stencils, stickers or sharpies. Then, just seal the letters with varnish, spray sealer, or Mod Podge.
- be merry
- making spirits bright
- pa-rum pum pum pum
- hot toddy
- Santa’s milk
Christmas Words For Ornaments
Ornaments are another popular item to put Christmas words on. Here are some popular short words that work good on ornaments.
SOURCE: SAS Interiors
These words were handwritten onto the ornaments using sharpies. Since sharpies dry right away, they are perfect for writing on ornaments.
- ho ho ho
- let it snow
A List Of Sayings For Christmas Signs
One thing that I always see plenty of, during the holiday season, are cute signs. If you are making your own sign, some of these sayings would be fun to use. Every year when it is cold enough to put on a jacket, I like to get out my Baby It’s Cold Outside sign.
- Baby it’s cold outside
- best Christmas ever
- Be jolly by golly
- Deck the halls
- sugar plums and sweets
- Kiss under the mistletoe
- Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
- Let heaven and nature sing
- This house is under elf surveillance
- Jingle all the way
- Reindeer crossing
- Santa’s workshop
- All the stockings were hung
- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a savior which is Christ the Lord
Christmas Phrases For Greeting Cards
SOURCE: Delia Creates
- For unto us a child is born
- Angels we have heard on high
- Tis the season to be jolly
- Let there be peace on earth
- A merry little Christmas
- Remember the reason for the season
- Do you hear what I hear?
- Joy to the world
- Home for the holidays
- We wish you a merry Christmas
- Have a holly jolly Christmas
- Silent night, holy night
- Dashing through the snow
- A thrill of hope
- Peace, joy, and happiness
- Celebrate the season
- Happy holidays
- Merry Christmas
- It came upon a midnight clear
- The miracle of Christmas
- Oh come let us adore him
- Happiness and all the trimmings
- Good tidings of comfort and joy
Funny Christmas Phrases
- Grandma got run over by a reindeer.
- Be naughty. Save Santa the trip.
- Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.
- When what to my wondering eyes should appear…but ten extra pounds on hips, thighs, and rear.
- Dear Santa, please refer to my Pinterest boards.
- It’s all fun and games until Santa checks the naughty list.
- Merry Christmas ya filthy animal.
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
- Bah humbug
I hope you can use some of these Christmas words for your next holiday project.
It’s easy to spell out Christmas words with wooden blocks, like the Noel decoration above.