Have you ever been stumped for what to put on a wooden sign? You love the idea of a decorative sign. You even have all the tools to make one. The only thing lacking is inspiration on what to say. If you want your DIY sign to be fun and unique, you will definitely want to read through this list of clever sayings for wood signs. Some of the quotes and sayings, you may be already familiar with. It may have just never occurred to you that the saying would be great on a decorative sign.
Now, if you end up with more sayings, that you like, than wooden sign projects, you may want to consider adding some letter boards into your decor. With letter boards, you can change up the sayings daily if you want! Regardless of how you use the sayings, you will find plenty that range from funny to serious and inspirational.
Funny Sayings For Signs
(1) Mr. Rogers didn’t adequately prepare me for the people in my neighborhood.
(2) You never realize how long a minute is until you exercise.
(3) I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong.
(4) What happens at the cabin, stays at the cabin.
(5) Today, I will be as useless as the “g” in lasagne.
(6) My windows aren’t dirty, my dog is painting.
(7) He who wakes up early, yawns all day long.
(8) Whenever I clean my closet I take a GPS with me, so I can find my way back.
(9) Cell phones these days keep getting thinner and smarter; people the opposite.
(10) I’m not weird, I’m just limited edition.
(11) “Alexa, water the plants.”
(12) Hold on, I’ve gotta overthink about it.
(13) The only time I set the bar low is for limbo. – Michael Scott
(14) This house was clean yesterday — sorry you missed it.
(15) There is no angry way to say bubbles.
(16) When we get moody, we need some foody.
(17) Today’s goal: Keep the tiny humans alive.
(18) Cupcakes are muffins that believed in miracles.
(19) In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
(20) Sometimes it takes me all day to get nothing done.
Motivational Quotes To Put On A Sign
(21) Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.
(22) “Learn as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow.” — Mahatma Gandhi
(23) “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” — Will Rogers
(24) “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” ―Vernon Sanders Law
(25) “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” — Jim Rohn
(26) “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” — Oprah Winfrey
(27) “Try not to become a man of success, but rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
(28) “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs, one step at a time.” — Joe Girard
(29) “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” — Winnie the Pooh
(30) “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
(31) “Don’t look at your feet to see if you are doing it right. Just dance.” ―Anne Lamott
(32) “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein
(33) “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” —Mark Twain
(34) “If you can’t yet do great things, do small things in a great way.” ―Napoleon Hill
(35) “Live out of your imagination, not your history.” —Stephen Covey
(36) “Do not wait for the perfect time and place to enter, for you are already onstage.” —Unknown
(37) “Worry is a misuse of imagination.” —Unknown
(38) “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” —Unknown
(39) “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” —Steve Furtick
(40) “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” — Henry Ford
Inspirational Verses To Highlight On A Sign
(41) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
(42) “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
(43) “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28
(44) “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
(45) “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
(46) “Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
(47) “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
(48) “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
(49) “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
(50) “The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. – Proverbs 18:10
(51) “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” – Psalm 46:1
(52) “Greater love has no one than this; to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” – John 15:13
(53) “If God is for us, who can be against us?” – Romans 8:31
(54) “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.” – Mark 12:30
(55) “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
(56) “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” – Psalm 119:11
(57) “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” – Matthew 6:34
(58) “For nothing will be impossible with God.” – Luke 1:37
(59) “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” – Psalm 107:1
(60) “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118:24
Fall Sayings For Signs
(61) Rake. Pile. Jump. Repeat.
(62) I Love Fall Most Of All
(63) Fall is… sweater weather, crunchy leaves & pumpkin spice everything
(64) Fall Breeze & Autumn Leaves
(65) Autumn Leaves & Pumpkins Please
(66) Pumpkin Spice And Everything Nice
(67) I’m just here for the pumpkin pie
(68) In Everything Give Thanks
(69) Harvest Blessings
(70) Pumpkins, cider, hayrides & s’mores
(71) Happy Fall Y’all
(72) Hello Pumpkin
(73) Go Jump In The Leaves
(74) Pumpkins, Apples, and Hay Rides
(75) This Life Needs More Hayrides And Apple Picking
(76) Leaves are falling, Autumn is calling
(77) Pumpkin Kisses And Harvest Wishes
(78) Pick Of The Patch
(79) Turn over a new leaf, everyday
(80) Falling For You
Spring Sayings For Signs
(81) “Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.” – Lilly Pulitzer
(82) “Spring is when you feel like whistling, even with a shoe full of slush.” – Doug Larson
(83) Spring, sprang, sprung.
(84) Live life in full bloom.
(85) Spring cleaning never hurt anyone. But why take the chance?
(86) Spring has sprung!
(87) Alexa, skip to spring.
(88) Bloom where you are planted.
(89) Let love grow.
(90) New beginnings start today.
(91) What you water grows.
(92) Oh, for Peeps’ sake!
(93) Spring chickens live here.
(94) Don’t worry, be hoppy!
(95) I’m sorry for what I said when it was winter.
(96) I dusted once. It came back. I’m not falling for that again.
(97) Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s party!” – Robin Williams
(98) I wish spring would stop playing hard to get.
(99) The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you’ve gotta put up with the rain. – Dolly Parton
(100) Hello, spring fever. Goodbye, flu season.