A new year always brings refreshed enthusiasm for starting new projects and I am very excited to start working on some great new craft projects. However, before plunging right in, I thought it would be good to do a quick recap on some of those wonderful craft tutorials that have been shared throughout the year at my Shabby Shares link parties.
There have been so many good projects shared that it was a little difficult to come up with the top ten. After going back through the parties, several times, I was finally able to come up with my list of favorites. I think that you will agree that these projects are special!
2. What makes this next project so cool is not only the beautiful words and distressed look but the fact that the actual board, that was used, came from underneath a washing machine. Creative Carmella gave new life to the board and created this work of art for no cost at all.
3. Tres Chere came up with a fantastic coffee table design using an old pallet. This is another low cost project with a lot of impact.
4. Redoing furniture is always a popular project and I love the way these chairs by Crafted Niche turned out. Using grain sacks to recover the seats and adding numbers to the back of the chairs are the perfect details for shabby decor.
5. What’s not to love about this rustic twig frame from Carolyn’s Homework This is inexpensive and easy to put together with bunches of twigs and pretty ribbon to tie it off.
6. Another fun furniture redo was created by Art Is Beauty. This champagne inspired table would make a great accent piece and was another one of those low cost, high impact projects that I love.
7. I love the warm look of this rustic French inspired step stool by The Polka Dot Closet. See how she uses a decal to create this fun look.
10. If you ever come across an old window, you will want to save it for a project like this one by Babblings And More. Filling each window pane with precious photos that are embellished with pretty craft papers is an excellent idea. The added knobs for hanging items make it doubly useful!
Thanks to all of you who have shared your inspiring projects with Rustic Crafts this past year. I am looking forward to seeing more of your great projects at my weekly Shabby Shares Saturday link parties.